Br. Theodore was born in Philadelphia, Pensylvania the sixth of eight children of a devout closely-knit Irish-American Catholic family. He graduated from Northeast Catholic High School for Boys in 1946, and then worked for three years in a paper mill, where he showed great zeal and ardor for work.
Brother Theodore entered Gethsemani as a laybrother in 1949, and came to Genesee as one of the founders in 1951. For many years he played a major role in the bakery, feeding the oven and doing other work in the bread bakery, and developing a number of fruticakes, cakes, and cookies. He did all this work with tremendous energy, as an expression ofr his love for God and the community.
He also did a lot of bookbinding work, and kept the Abbey Chronicle for a long time. He loved to walk in the woods, saying his rosary. And he planted many evergreen trees along the banks of Salt Creek.
Br. Thedore was always very faithful to prayer, both liturgical and solitary, and to lectio divina. He was very reliable, a true spiritual pillar of the community. He died in the Abbey infirmary, and his funeral was attended by a large number of members of his family.